- Madrid agree whopping €1,100m sponsorship deal with Adidas
- Solari continues Madrid revival with Valladolid win
- First major test for Solari as Valladolid visit Bernabeu
- Copa Del Rey – Madrid face Melilla in Solari’s first game
- Four things to expect if Madrid hire Conte
- Time may be up for Lopetegui after El Clasico thrashing
- Besiktas will not block possible Guti move to Madrid
- Madrid win, Benzema becomes 4th highest UCL goalscorer
- Madrid must do the talking on the pitch against Plzen
- Report – Marcelo asks for January move to Juventus
Alexander-Arnold – CR7 has his weaknesses like everyone else
- Updated: May 24, 2018
Ahead of the night in Kiev, the talk is now being done in the media before it’s done on the pitch for 90 or 120 minutes, or possibly, penalties at the stage where it really matters and talking won’t be enough.
One of the talking points that may ensue from the end of the game should be how Liverpool youngster Trent Alexander Arnold will cope with the world’s best player Cristiano Ronaldo on this very big stage.
Trent-Alexander Arnold holds no fear for the Real Madrid talisman but still recalls one of such encounters he had against an incredible player when he first came up against Manchester City at age 16 whilst playing for the Liverpool Academy as a right back.
“I faced an incredible player like Brandon Barker and it was one of the hardest matches I’ve ever had,” he noted.
“It brings back very bad memories, but that’s where you learn.”
However, the youngster faces a more gargantuan challenge on the biggest stage and one of the biggest nights in club football and will hope this one ends up on a good note, although it might be much to ask for.
“Yes, it will be my biggest challenge,”
Alexander-Arnold continued. “He’s one of the best players I have seen, has done incredible things, and on Saturday we will try to prevent him from doing what he does best.
“But… Ronaldo also has weaknesses, like everyone else.
“I don’t know what those weaknesses are because I haven’t studied them yet, but in the next few days I will watch many videos of him to see how we can cope better.
“Real Madrid don’t only depend on one player either, they have many other threats and are a spectacular team.
“Any player who comes off of the bench is world class, so it will be very hard for us.”