- Madrid eye Thiago Alcantara as possible replacement for Kovacic
- Ramos hits back at Maradona – Argentines know Messi is their greatest
- Madrid to meet Bale’s representatives amid exit rumors
- Hazard – Real Madrid know what to do if they want me
- Madrid stars shine as Portugal and Spain settle for a point
- Lopetegui arrives Madrid, to be unveiled Thursday afternoon
- Julen Lopetegui! The new man in the Madrid dugout
- Clasico to be played earlier to ensure it influences the title race
- Keylor Navas – Madridistas are fully behind me
- Milan reportedly make €10 million bid for Dani Ceballos
Alexander-Arnold – CR7 has his weaknesses like everyone else
- Updated: May 24, 2018
Ahead of the night in Kiev, the talk is now being done in the media before it’s done on the pitch for 90 or 120 minutes, or possibly, penalties at the stage where it really matters and talking won’t be enough. One of the talking points that may ensue from the end of the game should be how Liverpool youngster Trent Alexander Arnold will cope with the world’s best player, Cristiano Ronaldo on this very big stage.
Trent-Alexander Arnold holds no fear for the Real Madrid talisman but still recalls one of such encounters he had against an incredible player when he first came up against Manchester City at age 16, whilst playing for the Liverpool academy as a right back.
“I faced an incredible player like Brandon Barker and it was one of the hardest matches I’ve ever had,” he noted.
“It brings back very bad memories, but that’s where you learn.”
However, the youngster faces a more gargantuan challenge on the biggest stage and one of the biggest nights in club football and will hope this one ends up on a good note, although it might be much to ask for.
“Yes, it will be my biggest challenge,”
Alexander-Arnold continued. “He’s one of the best players I have seen, has done incredible things, and on Saturday we will try to prevent him from doing what he does best.
“But… Ronaldo also has weaknesses, like everyone else.
“I don’t know what those weaknesses are because I haven’t studied them yet, but in the next few days I will watch many videos of him to see how we can cope better.
“Real Madrid don’t only depend on one player either, they have many other threats and are a spectacular team.
“Any player who comes off of the bench is world class, so it will be very hard for us.”