- Los Blancos showing more dynamism in attack
- Perez – Real Madrid will not play in the U.S
- Modric not obsessed with the Ballon D’Or
- Madrid must prove they are not Real-Ronaldo in the UCL
- Los Blancos set for fourth consecutive UCL defence
- Madrid step up plans for the new Santiago Bernabeu
- Athletic Bilbao test awaits Los Blancos
- Mariano – It’s an honor to be Madrid’s number 7
- Marcelo to pay €753k fine for tax fraud
- Courtois to start La Liga game against Bilbao
Athletic Bilbao test awaits Los Blancos
- Updated: September 14, 2018
MATCH PREVIEW – ATHLETIC BILBAO VS REAL MADRID
Real Madrid face one of their supposed biggest games in the La Liga thus far under new manager Julen Lopetegui as they travel to the Basque Country to face Athletic Bilbao this weekend.
Los Blancos have been flawless in all games played in the La Liga this season and have garnered 4 wins from 4 games.
The club haven’t appeared to miss Cristiano Ronaldo thus far ahead of the game that precedes a UCL game against Roma in midweek.
Meanwhile, Athletic Bilbao have had a good start with a win and a draw in 2 games played. They will be hoping for a good start in the game as a positive result will help them continue their season on a high.
Julen Lopetegui and his men have done well thus far as only a few would have seen them progress steadily in the absence of Ronaldo and Zinedine Zidane.
The likes of Karim Benzema, Bale and others will be raring to go at the San Memes, with the Frenchman already finding the back of the net 4 times in the current campaign.
Athletic Bilbao will surely provide a tough test for Los Blancos in this tie and will surely draw some inspiration from the last two games they’ve played against Madrid which ended in draws, specifically, in the 2017/18 league season.
They’ll have a big job on their hands though as they look to thwart Madrid’s attacking ammunition. one of which is Bale. The Welshman has been a major threat to opponents this season under Lopetegui.
Regardless, the likes of Asensio and Isco can also be a handful on their day.
Bilbao are also formidable at the San Memes and with the likes of Aritz Aduriz and Inaki Williams surely to be in their elements, we have a cracker on our hands.
Hopefully, Real Madrid have all eyes on this encounter and don’t choose to conserve energy for their exertions in the Champions League in midweek. Three points in the bag for Los Blancos will be the best result.