- Madrid agree whopping €1,100m sponsorship deal with Adidas
- Solari continues Madrid revival with Valladolid win
- First major test for Solari as Valladolid visit Bernabeu
- Copa Del Rey – Madrid face Melilla in Solari’s first game
- Four things to expect if Madrid hire Conte
- Time may be up for Lopetegui after El Clasico thrashing
- Besiktas will not block possible Guti move to Madrid
- Madrid win, Benzema becomes 4th highest UCL goalscorer
- Madrid must do the talking on the pitch against Plzen
- Report – Marcelo asks for January move to Juventus
Bale withdraws from Wales squad to recover from injury
- Updated: October 14, 2018
Real Madrid attacker Gareth Bale will play no part for Wales in their UEFA Nations League encounter against the Republic of Ireland after returning to Spain to continue his recuperation from a groin injury.
The Welshman played no part for his side either in the 4:1 friendly loss to Spain last Thursday as he aggravated the groin injury in the course of Madrid’s game against Alaves in the La Liga about a week ago.
Bale had hoped he would recover in time for his nation’s trip to Dublin on Tuesday although his national team manager Ryan Giggs had earlier admitted he didn’t expect to see Bale in action soon.
His withdrawal from the Wales team was confirmed in a Tweet on the national team’s official Twitter account which read:
“Gareth Bale has returned to his club this afternoon and will not travel to Dublin with the rest of the squad.”
The injury has been hampering Bale’s impact at Real Madrid in recent weeks although he has found the back of the net 4 times in 9 games for the Los Blancos.
This is coming as his side are also struggling and have failed to score in their last 4 matches in all competitions.
This could be a major blow for the club if he doesn’t return in time for the La Liga game against Levante, with the Clasico encounter set to come up this month.
Real Madrid need all their firepower in this challenging period.
Meanwhile, Wales have 3 points in two games as they beat the Republic of Ireland 4:1 and lost 2 nil to Denmark.