- Los Blancos showing more dynamism in attack
- Perez – Real Madrid will not play in the U.S
- Modric not obsessed with the Ballon D’Or
- Madrid must prove they are not Real-Ronaldo in the UCL
- Los Blancos set for fourth consecutive UCL defence
- Madrid step up plans for the new Santiago Bernabeu
- Athletic Bilbao test awaits Los Blancos
- Mariano – It’s an honor to be Madrid’s number 7
- Marcelo to pay €753k fine for tax fraud
- Courtois to start La Liga game against Bilbao
Benzema impressing under Julen Lopetegui
- Updated: September 3, 2018
The new era at Real Madrid under Julen Lopetegui appears to be going on smoothly as Los Blancos made it four wins from four games in the La Liga this term.
It can be recalled that concerns were raised on how the side would cope with scoring goals consistently without Cristiano Ronaldo in the team.
However, Frenchman Karim Benzema appears to be up for the task thus far as he has had his best start to life since his move to Madrid.
Benzema has been enjoying life without Ronaldo and is gradually establishing himself as the target man at the Santiago Bernabeu.
His exploits this season have also not gone unnoticed as the fans at the Bernabeu have been singing his praise.
Real Madrid have scored 10 goals in the La Liga this season and Benzema has scored 4 out of the 10.
Benzema grabbed a brace each in Los Blancos’ last two league games against Girona and Leganes, and the player now looks set to go all the way for Los Blancos in their quest for triumph in the La Liga this season.
It can be recalled that the Frenchman scored just 5 league goals in the last campaign as he was very poor in front of goal on the domestic scene.
There were doubts on how the side would cope if the reliance on goals would be on Benzema, but the player has quashed those doubts with his start to life this term. All thanks to Lopetegui’s system.
It is now apparent that Ronaldo’s presence in the Madrid side limited Benzema’s contributions to the side. However, Lopetegui’s arrival and the departure of the Portuguese have given the Frenchman the license to express himself in leading Madrid’s line.
Benzema now has that number 9 spot covered. Hopefully, he continues on his fine run after the international break.