- Balague – Madrid will struggle to contain Liverpool’s pace
- Alexander-Arnold – CR7 has his weaknesses like everyone else
- Klopp – Our hunger can match Madrid’s experience
- Yellow warning for Madrid in last league game ahead of UCL final
- UCL Final – Liverpool deploy top secrecy in Marbella training sessions
- Ronaldo voted Man United’s best ever Premier League player
- Ramos – UCL final is another chance to show we are the Kings of Europe
- UCL Quarterfinals – Real Madrid’s road to Kiev – Pt 3
- Raul de Tomas proves readiness for Madrid senior team action
- UCL R16 stage – The Los Blancos’ road to Kiev – pt2
Boost for Zidane as Isco and Nacho join squad ahead of Bayern game
- Updated: April 29, 2018
Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane has received a huge boost in his selection options as Nacho Fernandez and Isco Alarcon joined the group for training at Valdebebas. This is a welcome development as Zidane will be spoiled for choice when Real Madrid face Bayern Munich at the Bernabeu on Tuesday.
The return of the duo is definitely a big boost as all hands must be on deck, while all the star players must be available to be called on, bearing in mind that the Bavarian giants are coming into town to face the Los Merengues in an encounter that could pass for war, if Ribery’s comments ahead of the game should be considered. This is a game that could define Real’s season as they look forward to set another record with a third consecutive UCL win.
Nacho returns after a month on the sidelines due to an injury in the game against Las Palmas, whilst Isco who suffered a shoulder sprain in the course of the first leg tie away to Bayern Munich at the Allianz Arena has returned. It was initially feared that he may not be available for the crucial game, this based on what would be the results of the test he underwent for the shoulder sprain.
The Sunday training session is believed to have included all the players expected to start against Bayern Munich in Tuesday, with Casemiro being the only exception, having featured in the win against Leganes on Tuesday. However, he should be ready when called upon by Zidane.
The only notable absence was right-back Dani Carvajal who continues his recovery. The training was characterized by ball exercises, pressure work, possession, and some shooting practice.