- UCL Preview – Bayern Munich to test Real Madrid
- James Rodriguez eligible and set to face parent club Real Madrid
- Madrid slip but gain grounds in race for second as others slip
- Real Madrid vs Athletic Bilbao: The likely possibilities for Los Blancos
- Benzema – They criticize great players like us to sell newspapers
- Zidane slams Madrid critics’ jealousy over UCL penalty decision
- UCL Match Report – Real Madrid FC rout Juventus in Turin
- Isco demanding key role in Zinedine Zidane’s team
- Madrid to sell Gareth Bale for 88 million pounds or no deal
- Man City plotting stunning 75 million pounds bid for Isco
CR7 – I show that I am the best with my football on the pitch
- Updated: March 20, 2018
Real Madrid star man Cristiano Ronaldo has revealed why he always calls himself the best, stating that it is his belief. He made this statement after he emerged as the winner of the Portuguese player of the year award for the third time in a row since the inception of the award, with a reported staggering amassment of 65% of the votes cast.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s confidence has never been in doubt, and this competitive nature has enabled him to compete with Lionel Messi for the highest awards in club football year after year since they came into the limelight.
“I always say that I am the best because I believe it and I show it on the pitch,” he explained, this award success coming after he scored a quadruple against Girona in the LaLiga to put Messi’s grip on the top scorer award for the year in relative doubt.
“It is a great time at the moment that I want to share with my teammates. It is incredible on an individual and collective level, it has been a historic year for Real Madrid. Five trophies in a year, a fifth Ballon d’Or and a second FIFA award.”
Ronaldo won the award for best player of 2017 courtesy of votes from coaches, footballers, fans, and a jury that was led by Luis Figo. His girlfriend Georgina Rodriguez and his agent Jorge Mendez accompanied him to the event.
He has won the award for the past three years since its inception, and this one, after beating competition from the likes of Bernardo Silva and Rui Patricio who ended up second and third respectively.