- Madrid agree whopping €1,100m sponsorship deal with Adidas
- Solari continues Madrid revival with Valladolid win
- First major test for Solari as Valladolid visit Bernabeu
- Copa Del Rey – Madrid face Melilla in Solari’s first game
- Four things to expect if Madrid hire Conte
- Time may be up for Lopetegui after El Clasico thrashing
- Besiktas will not block possible Guti move to Madrid
- Madrid win, Benzema becomes 4th highest UCL goalscorer
- Madrid must do the talking on the pitch against Plzen
- Report – Marcelo asks for January move to Juventus
CR7 – I show that I am the best with my football on the pitch
- Updated: March 20, 2018
Real Madrid star man Cristiano Ronaldo has revealed why he always calls himself the best, stating that it is his belief. He made this statement after he emerged as the winner of the Portuguese player of the year award for the third time in a row since the inception of the award. Ronaldo amassed a staggering 65% of the votes cast.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s confidence has never been in doubt, and this competitive nature has enabled him to compete with Lionel Messi for the highest awards in club football yearly for close to a decade.
“I always say that I am the best because I believe it and I show it on the pitch,” he explained, this award success coming after he scored a quadruple against Girona in the LaLiga to put Messi’s grip on the top scorer award for the year in relative doubt.
“It is a great time at the moment that I want to share with my teammates. It is incredible on an individual and collective level, it has been a historic year for Real Madrid. Five trophies in a year, a fifth Ballon d’Or and a second FIFA award.”
Ronaldo won the award for best player of 2017 courtesy of votes from coaches, footballers, fans, and a jury that was led by Luis Figo. His girlfriend Georgina Rodriguez and his agent Jorge Mendez accompanied him to the event.
He has won the award for the past three years since its inception. He won this one by beating competition from the likes of Bernardo Silva and Rui Patricio who ended up second and third respectively.