- Madrid agree whopping €1,100m sponsorship deal with Adidas
- Solari continues Madrid revival with Valladolid win
- First major test for Solari as Valladolid visit Bernabeu
- Copa Del Rey – Madrid face Melilla in Solari’s first game
- Four things to expect if Madrid hire Conte
- Time may be up for Lopetegui after El Clasico thrashing
- Besiktas will not block possible Guti move to Madrid
- Madrid win, Benzema becomes 4th highest UCL goalscorer
- Madrid must do the talking on the pitch against Plzen
- Report – Marcelo asks for January move to Juventus
Dani Carvajal ruled out of game against Sevilla
- Updated: September 25, 2018
Real Madrid will be looking to maintain their grip on Barcelona in the race for the La Liga title when they travel to face Sevilla on Wednesday.
However, Julen Lopetegui’s side appear to have suffered a major blow ahead of the big test as right-back Dani Carvajal has been ruled out of the game and will not travel with the team to Sevilla on Wednesday.
Dani Carvajal sustained a muscle injury in the course of the game against Roma in the UCL last week and also played no part against Espanyol during the weekend.
Alvaro Odriozola made his debut on the day, but will now have to compete for a place in the lineup on Wednesday with Nacho Fernandez who appears to provide more defensive solidity and may be a good fit for this seemingly tough fixture.
It is believed that Carvajal’s injury is not severe. However, the club do not want to aggravate the injury. The decision on who will start in his place will be made by Lopetegui on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, Toni Kroos and Welshman Gareth Bale are set to return to the starting lineup after being rested against Espanyol.