- James Rodriguez eligible and set to face parent club Real Madrid
- Madrid slip but gain grounds in race for second as others slip
- Real Madrid vs Athletic Bilbao: The likely possibilities for Los Blancos
- Benzema – They criticize great players like us to sell newspapers
- Zidane slams Madrid critics’ jealousy over UCL penalty decision
- UCL Match Report – Real Madrid FC rout Juventus in Turin
- Isco demanding key role in Zinedine Zidane’s team
- Madrid to sell Gareth Bale for 88 million pounds or no deal
- Man City plotting stunning 75 million pounds bid for Isco
- Ronaldo scales the Mohammed Salah hurdle in style and glory
Florentino Perez – This Real Madrid team will not be forgetten
- Updated: March 23, 2018
Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has hailed the current Madrid side as one of the greatest since the club’s inception. Real Madrid have emerged winners of three of the last four UEFA Champions League competitions, with the last two in succession to set a record as the only team to have defended the UEFA Champions League in the modern era.
In addition to the recent dominance in Europe’s elite club competition, club legend and now Real Madrid manager, Zinedine Zidane also helped them end their domestic league drought as they won the La Liga last season. The club has now gone on to receive Best Iberomaerican Club award on Friday, an award normally given to individuals which Florentino Perez received.
“It is a pleasure to collect this award as 2017 was the best of our 116 years of history,” he said.
“This club made history again against Juventus by winning a second consecutive Champions League, something which hadn’t been achieved before.
“The team has now entered the legend of both the club and world football and Zidane has won the best coach in the world award, while Cristiano won the Ballon d’Or and The Best.
“In addition, five Madrid players were included in FIFA’s best team so it will be difficult to repeat that feat but as always, we will try.
“Real Madrid is a creator of dreams and illusions and a transmitter of values.”