- Madrid agree whopping €1,100m sponsorship deal with Adidas
- Solari continues Madrid revival with Valladolid win
- First major test for Solari as Valladolid visit Bernabeu
- Copa Del Rey – Madrid face Melilla in Solari’s first game
- Four things to expect if Madrid hire Conte
- Time may be up for Lopetegui after El Clasico thrashing
- Besiktas will not block possible Guti move to Madrid
- Madrid win, Benzema becomes 4th highest UCL goalscorer
- Madrid must do the talking on the pitch against Plzen
- Report – Marcelo asks for January move to Juventus
Florentino Perez – This Real Madrid team will not be forgetten
- Updated: March 23, 2018
Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has hailed the current Madrid side as one of the greatest since the club’s inception.
Real Madrid have emerged as winners of three of the last four UEFA Champions League competitions, with the last two in succession. They hold the record of the only team to have defended the UEFA Champions League in the modern era.
In addition to the recent dominance in Europe’s elite club competition, club legend and now Real Madrid manager, Zinedine Zidane also helped them end their domestic league drought as they won the La Liga last season.
The club has now gone on to receive the Best Iberomaerican Club award on Friday, an award normally given to individuals which Florentino Perez received.
READ: Bale emerges as Wales’ record goalscorer after hat-trick against China
“It is a pleasure to collect this award as 2017 was the best of our 116 years of history,” he said.
“This club made history again against Juventus by winning a second consecutive Champions League, something which hadn’t been achieved before.
“The team has now entered the legend of both the club and world football and Zidane has won the best coach in the world award, while Cristiano won the Ballon d’Or and The Best.
“In addition, five Madrid players were included in FIFA’s best team so it will be difficult to repeat that feat but as always, we will try.
“Real Madrid is a creator of dreams and illusions and a transmitter of values.”