- Florentino Perez calls Conte again
- The business period for Lopetegui and Madrid
- Harry Kane on joining Madrid – Sorry, not today!
- Madrid shaping up nicely for Levante encounter
- Bale withdraws from Wales squad to recover from injury
- Madrid must take advantage of Hazard’s flirts
- Madrid chiefs reportedly unhappy with Bale
- Isco and Marcelo return to training
- Critique! Who is to blame for the crisis at Madrid?
- Report – Real Madrid give Lopetegui ultimatum
Florentino Perez – Keylor Navas to stay for many, many years
- Updated: April 23, 2018
Real Madrid FC president Florentino Perez has dismissed speculations that goalkeeper Keylor Navas could be offloaded in the summer transfer window.
Recent reports have suggested that the Santiago Bernabeu outfit will be looking to reshape their squad ahead of next season after what has been a poor season at the domestic level, and there are rumors that the club is on the lookout for a new first team goalkeeper.
The likes of Manchester United’s Da Gea, Chelsea’s Thibaut Courtois, and Roma’s Alisson have been linked with a move to the Bernabeu, but Perez has come out to quash the speculations, saying that the La Liga giants still believe in Keylor Navas’ abilities between the sticks.
Whilst conversing with Navas during a fans event, Perez said: “We are proud to have you as our goalkeeper, whatever some people say. Work hard and, for sure, you will be with us for many more years.”
The Costa Rica international has made 136 appearances in all competitions for Real Madrid since he joined the club in 2014.