- Madrid agree whopping €1,100m sponsorship deal with Adidas
- Solari continues Madrid revival with Valladolid win
- First major test for Solari as Valladolid visit Bernabeu
- Copa Del Rey – Madrid face Melilla in Solari’s first game
- Four things to expect if Madrid hire Conte
- Time may be up for Lopetegui after El Clasico thrashing
- Besiktas will not block possible Guti move to Madrid
- Madrid win, Benzema becomes 4th highest UCL goalscorer
- Madrid must do the talking on the pitch against Plzen
- Report – Marcelo asks for January move to Juventus
Galacticos square up to each other in Russia 2018 final
- Updated: July 14, 2018
We’ll reiterate that the Russia 2018 World Cup has always been a tournament for the Galacticos based on the performances they’ve put in for their national teams.
Talking about Real Madrid players who are still in it, tomorrow’s final game sees the duo of Mateo Kovacic and potential golden ball winner, Luka Modric, come up against Raphael Varane’s France.
Croatia face France in the finals of the Russia 2018 World Cup and three Real Madrid players will be in action, although Kovacic has been mostly used as a substitute for Croatia.
Modric has been instrumental for Croatia in the competition en-route their first ever World Cup final.
The Real Madrid midfielder has played his part nicely with his experience coming to bear for the side.
He’s unarguably the side’s player of the tournament and a victory over France, which would be a tough task would definitely put him in a position to win the tournament’s golden ball.
Kovacic on his part will definitely put in a good shift when called upon against France as he has done in previous encounters.
However, there is the small matter of his inability to nail a starting spot in the Croatia midfield possibly working against him in his quest to be a starter at the Bernabeu.
Varane will also have his part to play to thwart the efforts of Mario Mandzukic and others to ensure that France come out tops from the game.
The onus might also be on him to step into the opposition box and attempt to direct one or two headers into the net like he did against Uruguay.
It can be recalled that his center-back partner Umtiti scored the winner that saw them through to the final.
One or two Galacticos will definitely wear the coveted World Cup gold medal around their necks, and also go on to hoist the trophy.
This is another welcome development for the club in what has been an exciting year of football thus far.
Varane and his French team are the favorites on paper, but Luka Modric might have a thing or two to say about that with his contribution from the middle of the park for Croatia.