- Harry Kane on joining Madrid – Sorry, not today!
- Madrid shaping up nicely for Levante encounter
- Bale withdraws from Wales squad to recover from injury
- Madrid must take advantage of Hazard’s flirts
- Madrid chiefs reportedly unhappy with Bale
- Isco and Marcelo return to training
- Critique! Who is to blame for the crisis at Madrid?
- Report – Real Madrid give Lopetegui ultimatum
- Alaves make history as Madrid plunge into crisis
- Preview – Real Madrid face tricky visit to Alaves
Isco and Marcelo return to training
- Updated: October 10, 2018
Real Madrid have received a huge boost amid the tough times being faced by the club as the likes of Marcelo and Isco Alarcon are nearing full recovery.
Marcelo returned to training on Tuesday in what should be a welcome boost for under-fire boss Julen Lopetegui. This is a pointer that the defender could be fully fit before the next La Liga fixture against Levante on October 20.
Isco Alarcon is also close to full recovery after his appendicitis surgery on September 25 as he also worked with the group in training with the exception of 14 players currently away on international duty.
Marcelo and Isco engaged in individual exercises in the gym as well as light training on the pitch. It is hoped that the duo will be fully fit by the time the Clasico fixture comes around in October.
Meanwhile, Karim Benzema and Dani Carvajal are still out and are fresh injury concerns for the Los Blancos.
Carvajal is currently facing challenges with his right hamstring while Benzema has been given 10 days off to enable him to reach his peak of physical fitness when club action returns for the Los Blancos on October 20 against Levante.
The return of Isco and Marcelo is good for the side as the duo played their part nicely in Real Madrid’s early season dominance.