- Madrid eye Thiago Alcantara as possible replacement for Kovacic
- Ramos hits back at Maradona – Argentines know Messi is their greatest
- Madrid to meet Bale’s representatives amid exit rumors
- Hazard – Real Madrid know what to do if they want me
- Madrid stars shine as Portugal and Spain settle for a point
- Lopetegui arrives Madrid, to be unveiled Thursday afternoon
- Julen Lopetegui! The new man in the Madrid dugout
- Clasico to be played earlier to ensure it influences the title race
- Keylor Navas – Madridistas are fully behind me
- Milan reportedly make €10 million bid for Dani Ceballos
Keylor Navas – Madridistas are fully behind me
- Updated: June 12, 2018
Real Madrid first-choice goalkeeper and Costa Rica international Keylor Navas has revealed that the fans of the club want him to remain at the club and still be active between the sticks as first-choice at the Bernabeu.
Navas joined Madrid from Levante in the summer of 2014 and has established himself as the first-choice goalie at the Santiago Bernabeu and this has been regardless of some of his supposedly perceived weaknesses being identified by fans and critics alike.
Navas may not be the high profile name between the sticks for the Santiago Bernabeu outfit, but has proved himself since his arrival at the club, helping Madrid to secure major trophies as well as an unprecedented UEFA Champions League title defense, before going one further with a third UCL win in a row, all this while he manned the goal post for the Los Blancos.
The Costa Rican spoke recently in an interview with Marca where he admitted that he had been asked not to leave Madrid by some fans whom he had come in contact with. He added that Madridistas were very much supportive of his position at the club, and expressed their desire for him to remain with the club or at least in the city.
It’s a no-brainer that fans would find it difficult to forget the man between the sticks when Real Madrid romped to 3 consecutive UCL title wins, and justifiably so.
He also spoke on how former Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane inspired him while at the club. He added that he was shocked by the news of Zidane’s departure from the club. Meanwhile, eyes will be on Navas in Russia 2018, as he will represent Costa Rica in the tournament. Costa Rica rounded up their World Cup preparations with a 4:1 loss to a red-hot Belgian side with Navas in goal, being inspired by Eden Hazard, another likely Los Blancos recruit.