- Madrid agree whopping €1,100m sponsorship deal with Adidas
- Solari continues Madrid revival with Valladolid win
- First major test for Solari as Valladolid visit Bernabeu
- Copa Del Rey – Madrid face Melilla in Solari’s first game
- Four things to expect if Madrid hire Conte
- Time may be up for Lopetegui after El Clasico thrashing
- Besiktas will not block possible Guti move to Madrid
- Madrid win, Benzema becomes 4th highest UCL goalscorer
- Madrid must do the talking on the pitch against Plzen
- Report – Marcelo asks for January move to Juventus
Legacy of Zinedine Zidane depends with El Clasico
- Updated: March 22, 2016
Zinedine Zidane claimed that his team is now ready to face table leaders Barcelona in the El Clasico on April 3. The match marks the return of the Spanish league following a two-week absence because of the international break. Real Madrid will be coming into the match on a good run of form. They have won the last five games in all competitions, but this form is pale in comparison to that of Barcelona. The Catalan club are unbeaten in the last 39 games of all competitions. They have a 12-point advantage over Real Madrid and it will be tough to close this gap even if Madrid win this match.
However, Zidane is looking on the positive side and he feels that a win will be a huge morale booster. The league may have been done and dusted, but Madrid still have the opportunity to do well in the coming Champions League games against Wolfsburg. The Spanish club are overwhelming favourites to reach the semifinals of the competition as a result of this favourable draw. This increases the possibility of a potential Barcelona vs Real Madrid semi-final or even the final. Barcelona have a significantly tougher game against Atletico Madrid. Get ready to play your fantasy Premier League
Madrid looked like lacking ideas during the month of February, but the return of Cristiano Ronaldo to form means that they are now looking like a winning machine once again. Zidane will be aware that Madrid should not rely only on the goals from Ronaldo. For the time being, Madrid can hope to leapfrog their arch rivals Atletico, who are just one point ahead.