- Madrid eye Thiago Alcantara as possible replacement for Kovacic
- Ramos hits back at Maradona – Argentines know Messi is their greatest
- Madrid to meet Bale’s representatives amid exit rumors
- Hazard – Real Madrid know what to do if they want me
- Madrid stars shine as Portugal and Spain settle for a point
- Lopetegui arrives Madrid, to be unveiled Thursday afternoon
- Julen Lopetegui! The new man in the Madrid dugout
- Clasico to be played earlier to ensure it influences the title race
- Keylor Navas – Madridistas are fully behind me
- Milan reportedly make €10 million bid for Dani Ceballos
Lopetegui arrives Madrid, to be unveiled Thursday afternoon
- Updated: June 14, 2018
Reports from Marca suggest that new Real Madrid coach Julen Lopetegui arrived Barajas on Thursday morning before proceeding to depart in a black van through the VIP terminal. He made no comments to the press and there are indications that he will be presented this afternoon at the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu.
Lopetegui was relieved of his position as Spain boss after it was discovered that he would be leaving for Madrid after the tournament. He missed out on the opportunity to prove his mettle with Spain in the tournament. Meanwhile, one relative benefit of his sack was that Real Madrid didn’t have to pay the €2million release clause for the manager to the Spanish FA.
Lopetegui expressed his sadness over the decision of the Spanish FA before boarding the plane in Krasnodar. He noted the magnificence of the La Furia Roja with a serious face. Regardless, he’ll now be able to start preparations to ensure his success at the Bernabeu as there are a good number of situations he’ll have to address when he starts work officially.
Some of the decisions he’ll have to address are the transfer situations related to Odriozola, Alisson, Ronaldo, Bale, as well as other names on the table. He must now forget about his adventures as well as what would have been with Spanish side and now focus on his new job as Madrid boss.