- Madrid agree whopping €1,100m sponsorship deal with Adidas
- Solari continues Madrid revival with Valladolid win
- First major test for Solari as Valladolid visit Bernabeu
- Copa Del Rey – Madrid face Melilla in Solari’s first game
- Four things to expect if Madrid hire Conte
- Time may be up for Lopetegui after El Clasico thrashing
- Besiktas will not block possible Guti move to Madrid
- Madrid win, Benzema becomes 4th highest UCL goalscorer
- Madrid must do the talking on the pitch against Plzen
- Report – Marcelo asks for January move to Juventus
Lopetegui needs a consistent and reliable striker
- Updated: July 29, 2018
Reports in Spain suggest that Real Madrid manager Julen Lopetegui has made it clear to the Real Madrid hierarchy that he needs more firepower in attack.
The manager has reportedly disclosed that he will be on the lookout for the signing a reliable center forward that can bang in the goals consistently for his side ahead of the new season.
Reports were rife some days ago that Lopetegui, alongside the Madrid hierarchy, had decided to pull the plug on a franchise signing this summer after the departure of Ronaldo.
This means that they have possibly ended interests in a highly speculated move for Eden Hazard amongst other reported targets.
Lopetegui has decided to stick with some of the key men at Madrid, thus giving them a chance to stake a claim for the spot of the legendary Galactico after Ronaldo.
However, the center forward options at the club might be cause for concern as they apparently don’t meet Real Madrid’s standards for success.
This has been obvious in past seasons, but it raised no major concerns as Cristiano Ronaldo was always popping up to put away those chances consistently regardless of Benzema’s inconsistency in front of goal.
However, the Portuguese has left, and Lopetegui has been wise enough to identify this issue which the club must solve quickly to enable them to stand a decent chance of landing any laurel.
A total dependence on Benzema for the goals in the upcoming season is definitely a fiasco waiting to happen.
So far, the signings that Los Blancos have made thus far to boost their attack in the summer window are all players for the future.
Rumors have linked the club with a move for Edinson Cavani and Mauri Icardi.
The latter might be a worthwhile option going by his age, but we wait to see how things pan out. I still wouldn’t write off a Madrid bid for Eden Hazard.