- Madrid agree whopping €1,100m sponsorship deal with Adidas
- Solari continues Madrid revival with Valladolid win
- First major test for Solari as Valladolid visit Bernabeu
- Copa Del Rey – Madrid face Melilla in Solari’s first game
- Four things to expect if Madrid hire Conte
- Time may be up for Lopetegui after El Clasico thrashing
- Besiktas will not block possible Guti move to Madrid
- Madrid win, Benzema becomes 4th highest UCL goalscorer
- Madrid must do the talking on the pitch against Plzen
- Report – Marcelo asks for January move to Juventus
Madrid close in on a deal for Thibaut Courtois
- Updated: July 17, 2018
Reports are rife that Real Madrid are ready to make Chelsea wantaway goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois the number 1 goalie at the club ahead of next season.
This is because a deal that sees the Belgium goalie and Russia 2018 golden glove winner move to the Santiago Bernabeu is reportedly very close.
Marca’s David G. Medina has disclosed that Los Blancos consider Courtois as an upgrade on current number one Keylor Navas and are willing to put total trust in him.
This is coming, although the Costa Rican shot-stopper has played a vital part in the club’s three consecutive UEFA Champions League triumphs. Marca further suggested that the deal may be completed sooner than later.
The report suggests that Chelsea are ready to accept a fee of €35 million as the goalkeeper has just one year left on his current contract, and the London outfit will not want to lose him for free next summer.
If Madrid were ever in doubts on if Courtois would be the ideal number one at the Bernabeu, his performances for Belgium in the just concluded World Cup coupled with his prestigious golden glove win have seen his stocks rise whilst putting such fears and doubts to bed
A new era is set to begin at Real Madrid under Julen Lopetegui, and with the departure of Cristiano Ronaldo, it won’t be a surprise if other stars who have won it all at the club decide to call it quits this summer.
Therefore the club must look to impressive and young world class players to complement Lopetegui’s rebuilding process, and that’s where a commanding presence like Courtois comes in.
The goalkeeper is just 26 and has been key to Chelsea’s recent exploits. He has garnered a wealth of experience for his age in his time between the sticks right from Atletico Madrid and now at Chelsea.
His family lives in Madrid and it is expected that the player will not reject any offer from Los Blancos.