- UCL Preview – Bayern Munich to test Real Madrid
- James Rodriguez eligible and set to face parent club Real Madrid
- Madrid slip but gain grounds in race for second as others slip
- Real Madrid vs Athletic Bilbao: The likely possibilities for Los Blancos
- Benzema – They criticize great players like us to sell newspapers
- Zidane slams Madrid critics’ jealousy over UCL penalty decision
- UCL Match Report – Real Madrid FC rout Juventus in Turin
- Isco demanding key role in Zinedine Zidane’s team
- Madrid to sell Gareth Bale for 88 million pounds or no deal
- Man City plotting stunning 75 million pounds bid for Isco
Madrid Derby – Ronaldo’s records against Atletico Madrid
- Updated: April 6, 2018
The Madrid battle resurfaces this weekend in the La Liga with a seemingly tough Real Madrid fixture as the Los Blancos play host to city rivals Atletico Madrid, hoping to oust them from the second spot on the log and finish runners-up, with just four points separating the sides.
It’s a no-brainer that hopes of catching up to Barcelona in the La Liga title race have dampened as the Catalan outfit is in pole position for the title. However, all eyes will be on the already established Real Madrid legend Cristiano Ronaldo after his scintillating display in the UCL against Juventus in Turin, crowning it all with a brilliant bicycle kick goal.
Since Ronaldo’s arrival in the La Liga, he has come up against City rivals Atletico Madrid a good number of times, and here are some records of the Portuguese star against Atletico Madrid since his move to Real Madrid FC.
Ronaldo vs Atletico Madrid
Ronaldo has represented Real Madrid against Atletico on the pitch 30 times. Only the number of his encounters against Barcelona surpasses this appearance record against a single club in the La Liga
Ronaldo bagged his first goal against Atletico Madrid after 4 failed attempts to hit the back of the net against them. However, he went a step further as he scored a brace when he hit the ground running against Atletico Madrid
Ronaldo scored a hat-trick in the return leg of the fixture and proceeded to make it 6 goals in 6 games against Atletico the following season.
He has now scored in just 3 of the 9 league games against Atletico since then. However, there is a hat-trick in between those 9 games, although. it’s a relative far cry from what Ronaldo has come to represent in terms of hitting the back of the net no matter the quality of the opposition. He’ll be looking to correct that as Atletico visit the Bernabeu with him being in a red-hot goalscoring form.
Meanwhile, a comprehensive look at his stats against the Wanda Metropolitano outfit shows an impressive 21 goals in 30 games, with a hat-trick in the 2013-2014 UCL final inclusive.