- Florentino Perez calls Conte again
- The business period for Lopetegui and Madrid
- Harry Kane on joining Madrid – Sorry, not today!
- Madrid shaping up nicely for Levante encounter
- Bale withdraws from Wales squad to recover from injury
- Madrid must take advantage of Hazard’s flirts
- Madrid chiefs reportedly unhappy with Bale
- Isco and Marcelo return to training
- Critique! Who is to blame for the crisis at Madrid?
- Report – Real Madrid give Lopetegui ultimatum
Madrid eye Pjanic as possible Modric replacement
- Updated: August 6, 2018
Real Madrid are believed to have identified a replacement for Luka Modric if the Croatia international decides to call it quits at the Santiago Bernabeu this summer.
The Los Blancos have identified Bosnia international and Juventus midfielder Miralem Pjanic as the perfect replacement and will make a move for him if Modric decides to leave the club.
The Croatian had an impressive World Cup tournament where he emerged as the Golden Ball winner as Croatia finished as runners-up.
Reports in Italy suggest that Inter Milan have expressed major interest in acquiring Modric this summer.
However, they are waiting for the outcome of Modric’s chat with Real President Florentino Perez this week when he returns from his holiday.
Inter Milan will make a move for Modric if he insists on a Madrid exit. The player has apparently won everything at the club and could be on the lookout for challenges elsewhere.
Gazzetta dello Sport have claimed that Real Madrid will make a move for Pjanic if Modric decides to leave for Inter Milan.
However, the Bosnia international appears satisfied with life in Turin although his agent Fati Ramadani is pushing for his exit from Juventus, with the club looking to hand him a new deal this summer.
Regardless, Juve will not let Pjanic leave Turin on a cheap, and it will cost a fortune to prise him away from the club with the player being valued at €100m.