- Madrid agree whopping €1,100m sponsorship deal with Adidas
- Solari continues Madrid revival with Valladolid win
- First major test for Solari as Valladolid visit Bernabeu
- Copa Del Rey – Madrid face Melilla in Solari’s first game
- Four things to expect if Madrid hire Conte
- Time may be up for Lopetegui after El Clasico thrashing
- Besiktas will not block possible Guti move to Madrid
- Madrid win, Benzema becomes 4th highest UCL goalscorer
- Madrid must do the talking on the pitch against Plzen
- Report – Marcelo asks for January move to Juventus
Madrid must take advantage of Hazard’s flirts
- Updated: October 12, 2018
It can be recalled that Chelsea star Eden Hazard was linked with a move to Real Madrid in the summer after the departure of Cristiano Ronaldo.
However, it appears that the club had other plans in motion and chose not to go for the Belgian or any other reported targets, choosing to make do with the personnel at their disposal.
Fast forward to this season and the Belgian has been a man on fire under Chelsea’s attack-minded manager Maurizio Sarri.
If there were fears that the playmaker would not be able to replicate something close to Ronaldo’s numbers at the Bernabeu, his form this season in a purely attack-based system of Sarriball should surely have put those fears to rest.
Chelsea are now an attack-oriented side and Eden Hazard has proven that he can thrive in such a system, and this is what is in place at Real Madrid.
The player’s contract with Chelsea expires in June 2020, and the player who indicated interest in joining Madrid, stating that they knew what to do to get him, still appears to be interested in a move to the Bernabeu going by his most recent comments.
The Belgian is currently the highest goal scorer in the Premier League this season, and this aspect of the game added to his immense creative abilities is a massive plus. It is also a good reason why the Los Blancos must go all out for the Belgian.
The Belgian recently stated to the chagrin of Chelsea fans that it was his boyhood desire to play for Real Madrid before calling time on his playing career.
He also admitted that a move to Real Madrid would enhance his Ballon d’Or chances. If Madrid were on the lookout for a franchise Galactico who has played at the highest level whilst being consistent over the years, then it’s Eden Hazard.
The Real Madrid hierarchy must not lose this opportunity as the player has apparently given a plea to Madrid to come and get him. Real Madrid should go all out and get their man.
His flirtation with the Los Blancos since the summer transfer window should be taken advantage of.