- Match Preview – Real Madrid host Getafe
- Lopetegui insists on a new number 9
- Modric – Madrid denounce Inter for illegal approach
- Some positives from the derby defeat to Atletico
- A cracking Madrid derby in Europe on the cards
- Madrid already taking shape under Lopetegui
- Modric will stay at Real Madrid
- Modric will ask for Madrid exit
- Los Blancos conclude transfer deals with Chelsea
- Kovacic set to join Chelsea on loan
Madrid to meet Bale’s representatives amid exit rumors
- Updated: June 19, 2018
Reports in Spain suggest that Real Madrid have made it a priority to clarify the future of Welshman Gareth Bale at the club and will be having a meeting with his representatives soon.
It can be recalled that the 28-year-old Wales international hinted that he might leave the club this summer, shortly after scoring a brace in the finals of the UEFA Champions League against Liverpool that saw Los Blancos snatch a third consecutive win of Europe’s elite club football competition.
Meanwhile, a report from ESPN suggests that a meeting has been scheduled between the player’s representatives and the club as it is believed that the change at the club’s managerial helm which saw the departure of Zinedine Zidane and arrival of Julen Lopetegui may result in a change of decision, thus convincing the Welshman to commit to Real Madrid.
Regardless, Gareth Bale won’t be short of suitors if he eventually leaves the Bernabeu as he has been strongly linked with a possible move to the likes of Manchester United and Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich who may also harbor an interest in acquiring him.
Sadly, there are fears that a resolution might not be reached with regards to his eventual stay as the Welshman may not have it easy at the Bernabeu in terms of getting a consistent starting berth due to improved performances from Isco, as well as the emergence of Marco Asensio. These are factors that may surely play a part in reducing his game time at the club.