- Madrid agree whopping €1,100m sponsorship deal with Adidas
- Solari continues Madrid revival with Valladolid win
- First major test for Solari as Valladolid visit Bernabeu
- Copa Del Rey – Madrid face Melilla in Solari’s first game
- Four things to expect if Madrid hire Conte
- Time may be up for Lopetegui after El Clasico thrashing
- Besiktas will not block possible Guti move to Madrid
- Madrid win, Benzema becomes 4th highest UCL goalscorer
- Madrid must do the talking on the pitch against Plzen
- Report – Marcelo asks for January move to Juventus
Madrid win, Benzema becomes 4th highest UCL goalscorer
- Updated: October 24, 2018
Real Madrid beat Viktoria Plzen with a not so comfortable 2:1 scoreline on Matchday 3 of the UEFA Champions League at the Bernabeu on Tuesday night.
Karim Benzema finally found his scoring boots as he opened the scoring for the Los Blancos in the 11th minute before reportedly wantaway Marcelo scored the second in the 55th minute.
The visitors pulled one back in the 78th minute through Patrik Hrosovsky, with the scoreline indicating that Julen Lopetegui’s men are still struggling to kill games off convincingly.
Well, there was some respite as Madrid finally got their first win in their last 6 games in all competitions.
They now have the El Clasico to look forward to this weekend as the aftermath of the game will throw more light on Lopetegui’s future according to reports.
Meanwhile, Karim Benzema, by opening the scoring for Madrid established himself as the fourth highest all-time leading goalscorer in the UEFA Champions League.
He displaced Ruud Van Nistelrooy from fourth place with his 57th goal in the competition. All thanks to his effort against Viktoria Plzen.
However, the Frenchman has admitted that he has to score more goals, and it’s good that he also realizes this.
He was on an eight-game scoreless run before the opener against Viktoria Plzen. He has also found the back of the net 5 times in the La Liga this season.
In a chat with Diario AS after the game, he admitted “I am not tired, I just need to score more goals,”
“I have a lot of motivation to do this because it is something that is prominent in my thinking and I want to put this right.