- Madrid agree whopping €1,100m sponsorship deal with Adidas
- Solari continues Madrid revival with Valladolid win
- First major test for Solari as Valladolid visit Bernabeu
- Copa Del Rey – Madrid face Melilla in Solari’s first game
- Four things to expect if Madrid hire Conte
- Time may be up for Lopetegui after El Clasico thrashing
- Besiktas will not block possible Guti move to Madrid
- Madrid win, Benzema becomes 4th highest UCL goalscorer
- Madrid must do the talking on the pitch against Plzen
- Report – Marcelo asks for January move to Juventus
First major test for Solari as Valladolid visit Bernabeu
- Updated: November 2, 2018
Santiago Solari will face his first major test in the Madrid dugout when Valladolid visit the Santiago Bernabeu this Saturday in the La Liga.
The Los Blancos ran out 4 nil winners in the Copa Del Rey away to Melilla and this is hardly a game that could be used as a yardstick to ascertain Solari’s influence on the team.
Therefore, here comes a high flying Valladolid and this should be the first real test for Solari as the visitors currently sit in 6th place and have won 5 and drawn 2 of their last 7 games in all competitions.
In the La Liga, they’ve drawn 2 and won 4 of their last 6, but the same can’t be said for Solari’s men who have been on a horrible run in the La Liga.
Therefore, they will undoubtedly pose a threat to Solari’s first efforts for maximum points and we wait to see how he surmounts this hurdle with Madrid.
Meanwhile, Solari has a big job on his hands as he will have to rouse his men from the humiliating defeat they suffered at the hands of Barcelona in the last El Clasico encounter.
The interim boss will be looking to make a big impression in his first La Liga game in charge of Madrid, but this will only be possible if the attackers and other mainstays in the team crawl out from their shells and fire from all cylinders against a high flying Valladolid.
Valladolid will be looking to take a cue from Levante who stunned the Bernabeu in Madrid’s last home game in the La Liga, but hopefully, Solari and his men can play up to their standards and put the visitors to the sword as should be expected.
Madrid can have something to rely on despite their poor run as Valladolid have struggled for goals with just 9 this season. The same can be said of Madrid who have also struggled to find the back of the net recently.
Therefore, both sides will have to be very clinical to take all three points. Hopefully, Solari and his men take the lead.