- Match Preview – Real Madrid host Getafe
- Lopetegui insists on a new number 9
- Modric – Madrid denounce Inter for illegal approach
- Some positives from the derby defeat to Atletico
- A cracking Madrid derby in Europe on the cards
- Madrid already taking shape under Lopetegui
- Modric will stay at Real Madrid
- Modric will ask for Madrid exit
- Los Blancos conclude transfer deals with Chelsea
- Kovacic set to join Chelsea on loan
Modric will ask for Madrid exit
- Updated: August 10, 2018
A report from radio station Onda Cero has claimed that Luka Modric will ask for a Madrid exit this summer.
Inter Milan have been hot on Luka Modric’s heels all summer, although Madrid president Florentino Perez has insisted that the Croatian will not leave for one euro less than the €750m in his release clause.
The day for the discussions between Luka Modric and the Real Madrid hierarchy has come.
According to Onda Cero, the midfielder is set to meet with the Madrid hierarchy on Friday to discuss on a possible move to the Serie A. They claim that the Croatian will ask to leave the Santiago Bernabeu.
Inter Milan have reportedly offered Modric a four-year contract with a salary of €10m a year. However, it is believed that Perez may not welcome any request for an exit having already lost Cristiano Ronaldo to Juventus this summer.
Meanwhile, it is believed that Modric reportedly has a gentleman’s agreement with Florentino Perez that he can leave the Santiago Bernabeu when he wishes.
Inter Milan, on the other hand, are believed to have tabled a €15m loan bid before a further €25m to make the deal permanent.
Regardless of the reports of a possible departure, Los Blancos will offer Modric an adjusted salary for his current status in the team and in world football.
It can be recalled that Luka Modric emerged as the Golden Ball Winner of the Russia 2018 World Cup. His future at Real Madrid will definitely be decided today.