- Madrid shaping up nicely for Levante encounter
- Bale withdraws from Wales squad to recover from injury
- Madrid must take advantage of Hazard’s flirts
- Madrid chiefs reportedly unhappy with Bale
- Isco and Marcelo return to training
- Critique! Who is to blame for the crisis at Madrid?
- Report – Real Madrid give Lopetegui ultimatum
- Alaves make history as Madrid plunge into crisis
- Preview – Real Madrid face tricky visit to Alaves
- Tough times for Lopetegui at Madrid
No Hazard! Lopetegui says Madrid squad is closed
- Updated: August 31, 2018
The transfer window is set to close in a few hours and the speculations about Eden Hazard’s move to Real Madrid this summer will end with it.
Any chance of a last-minute bid for the Chelsea playmaker has been written off as Julen Lopetegui has confirmed that Real Madrid will not sign any player on transfer deadline day.
Real Madrid have already signed Thibaut Courtois, Mariano Diaz, Vinicius Junior, and Alvaro Odriozola this summer. The new arrival, Mariano Diaz will be the last regardless of any rumors that persist.
There were rumors that the club would break the bank to make Eden Hazard their franchise player after Ronaldo’s departure. However, Julen Lopetegui does not expect such a deal to be done this summer.
He rather insisted that the only deal Los Blancos will do on deadline day is the one that will see the possible departure of Borja Mayoral on loan to Levante who’ve emerged as favorites for his signature.
In a chat with reporters, Lopetegui said: “Now with Mariano, the Real squad is closed.”
“Just Mayoral could leave on loan. He needs to leave to fight for minutes. We respect him. Once Mariano is in the squad, he feels he’s going to have less minutes.”
This has been a somewhat less frantic summer window by Real Madrid’s standards. Their last exertion saw them hijacking Sevilla’s move for former Madrid player Mariano Diaz from Ligue 1 outfit Lyon.
However, one major competition that has emerged from their summer dealings is the one that’ll take place between Thibaut Courtois and Keylor Navas.
The competition will be for who’ll be number 1 between the sticks for Los Blancos. Lopetegui declined to name his number 1 starter in public.