- Madrid agree whopping €1,100m sponsorship deal with Adidas
- Solari continues Madrid revival with Valladolid win
- First major test for Solari as Valladolid visit Bernabeu
- Copa Del Rey – Madrid face Melilla in Solari’s first game
- Four things to expect if Madrid hire Conte
- Time may be up for Lopetegui after El Clasico thrashing
- Besiktas will not block possible Guti move to Madrid
- Madrid win, Benzema becomes 4th highest UCL goalscorer
- Madrid must do the talking on the pitch against Plzen
- Report – Marcelo asks for January move to Juventus
Odriozola joins Madrid on six-year deal
- Updated: July 6, 2018
Real Madrid FC have officially completed the signing of Real Sociedad defender Alvaro Odriozola for €40m with the Spain international putting pen to paper on a six-year deal that runs till 2024.
The announcement was made by the club on Thursday night. This signing is one that will be welcomed by Madrid’s new manager Julen Lopetegui as it can be recalled that he included the defender in his 23-man list for Spain ahead of the Russia 2018 World Cup before he was sacked.
Odriozola was called up and played for Spain in the right-back position in warm-up matches, but Nacho Fernandez got the nod ahead of him in the position under Hierro, who took over from Lopetegui.
Real Madrid have made it a priority to go after Spain’s emerging bright talents recently and Odriozola is the latest to be added to the list.
The player who has previously starred for Spain’s U-21 side is expected to provide direct competition for Dani Carvajal in the right-back position of Real Madrid’s defense and also for La Furia Roja.