- Los Blancos showing more dynamism in attack
- Perez – Real Madrid will not play in the U.S
- Modric not obsessed with the Ballon D’Or
- Madrid must prove they are not Real-Ronaldo in the UCL
- Los Blancos set for fourth consecutive UCL defence
- Madrid step up plans for the new Santiago Bernabeu
- Athletic Bilbao test awaits Los Blancos
- Mariano – It’s an honor to be Madrid’s number 7
- Marcelo to pay €753k fine for tax fraud
- Courtois to start La Liga game against Bilbao
Odriozola joins Madrid on six-year deal
- Updated: July 6, 2018
Real Madrid FC have officially completed the signing of Real Sociedad defender Alvaro Odriozola for €40m with the Spain international putting pen to paper on a six-year deal that runs till 2024.
The announcement was made by the club on Thursday night. This signing is one that will be welcomed by Madrid’s new manager Julen Lopetegui as it can be recalled that he included the defender in his 23-man list for Spain ahead of the Russia 2018 World Cup before he was sacked.
Odriozola was called up and played for Spain in the right-back position in warm-up matches, but Nacho Fernandez got the nod ahead of him in the position under Hierro, who took over from Lopetegui.
Real Madrid have made it a priority to go after Spain’s emerging bright talents recently and Odriozola is the latest to be added to the list.
The player who has previously starred for Spain’s U-21 side is expected to provide direct competition for Dani Carvajal in the right-back position of Real Madrid’s defense and also for La Furia Roja.