- Madrid eye Thiago Alcantara as possible replacement for Kovacic
- Ramos hits back at Maradona – Argentines know Messi is their greatest
- Madrid to meet Bale’s representatives amid exit rumors
- Hazard – Real Madrid know what to do if they want me
- Madrid stars shine as Portugal and Spain settle for a point
- Lopetegui arrives Madrid, to be unveiled Thursday afternoon
- Julen Lopetegui! The new man in the Madrid dugout
- Clasico to be played earlier to ensure it influences the title race
- Keylor Navas – Madridistas are fully behind me
- Milan reportedly make €10 million bid for Dani Ceballos
Real Madrid agree €45 million deal with Santos for Rodrygo
- Updated: June 7, 2018
Real Madrid FC have agreed on a €45 million deal with Brazilian club Santos for winger Rodrygo. The player has stood out with his performances whilst establishing himself as the star of the first six months of the Brazilian football season.
Despite Santos’ lackluster performances thus far in the season, the youngster has impressed and this is coming at the right time for Santos who amid the interest the player was reportedly garnering from Real Madrid and rivals Barcelona, recently tried to raise his release clause to €100 million, although the Los Blancos hierarchy has acted fast and quashed the possibility of such a development coming to fruition.
Real Madrid are very much aware of the threats that teams with big money backers have and have taken advantage of the opportunity just as they did with Vinicius who will join the Santiago Bernabeu outfit this summer.
The agreement has now been reached to the detriment of interested perennial rivals Barcelona who have now lost out on the opportunity to bring the player to the Camp Nou. The Catalan’s outfit’s disagreements with former Santos man Neymar may also have worked against them in their bid to attract the player. It is believed that the player consented to the move and Real Madrid proceeded to negotiate with Santos president Jose Carlos Peres to ensure that the deal was secured.