- Florentino Perez calls Conte again
- The business period for Lopetegui and Madrid
- Harry Kane on joining Madrid – Sorry, not today!
- Madrid shaping up nicely for Levante encounter
- Bale withdraws from Wales squad to recover from injury
- Madrid must take advantage of Hazard’s flirts
- Madrid chiefs reportedly unhappy with Bale
- Isco and Marcelo return to training
- Critique! Who is to blame for the crisis at Madrid?
- Report – Real Madrid give Lopetegui ultimatum
Real Madrid agree €45 million deal with Santos for Rodrygo
- Updated: June 7, 2018
Real Madrid FC have agreed a €45 million deal with Brazilian club Santos for winger Rodrygo. The player has stood out with his performances whilst establishing himself as the star of the first six months of the Brazilian football season.
Despite Santos’ lackluster performances thus far in the season, the youngster has impressed and this is coming at the right time for Santos.
Due to the interest the player was reportedly garnering from Real Madrid and rivals Barcelona, the club recently tried to raise his release clause to €100 million. However, Real Madrid have acted fast and quashed the possibility of such a development coming to fruition.
Real Madrid are very much aware of the threats that teams with big money backers have and have taken advantage of the opportunity just as they did with Vinicius who will join the Santiago Bernabeu outfit this summer.
The agreement has now been reached to the detriment of interested perennial rivals Barcelona who have now lost out on the opportunity to bring the player to the Camp Nou.
The Catalan’s outfit’s disagreements with former Santos man Neymar may also have worked against them in their bid to attract the player.
It is believed that the player consented to the move and Real Madrid proceeded to negotiate with Santos president Jose Carlos Peres to ensure that the deal was secured.