- Madrid agree whopping €1,100m sponsorship deal with Adidas
- Solari continues Madrid revival with Valladolid win
- First major test for Solari as Valladolid visit Bernabeu
- Copa Del Rey – Madrid face Melilla in Solari’s first game
- Four things to expect if Madrid hire Conte
- Time may be up for Lopetegui after El Clasico thrashing
- Besiktas will not block possible Guti move to Madrid
- Madrid win, Benzema becomes 4th highest UCL goalscorer
- Madrid must do the talking on the pitch against Plzen
- Report – Marcelo asks for January move to Juventus
Real Madrid dominate FIFA awards
- Updated: September 25, 2018
Real Madrid continued to be the news in Europe as the club almost monopolized the FIFPro 11 squad for the 2017/18 football season.
This is also as Luka Modric emerged as the FIFA Best Player of the Year, breaking the dominance of Ronaldo and Messi, while Thibaut Courtois emerged as the FIFA Best Goalkeeper of the Year, all thanks to his exploits at Chelsea and notably with Belgium at the Russia 2018 World Cup.
Asides from the individual awards being won by Luka Modric and Thibaut Courtois, five Los Blancos players appeared in the FIFA 11 list due to their exploits with Real Madrid in the 2017/18 football season.
The Los Blancos who won an unprecedented third consecutive UCL title had five players in the FIFA squad, namely, Luka Modric, Cristiano Ronaldo now at Juventus but on the list for his exploits at the Bernabeu last season, Sergio Ramos, the captain general at the Bernabeu, Marcelo, and French defender Raphael Varane.
It’s noteworthy that the bulk of Real Madrid’s players in the FIFPro 11 list were instrumental for both club and country. Luka Modric and Varane played very crucial roles in the laurels their national team emerged with at the Russia 2018 World Cup.
Therefore, Real Madrid dominated Europe yet again at player level and club level in a World Cup year and will be looking to consolidate on that this season.