- Match Preview – Real Madrid host Getafe
- Lopetegui insists on a new number 9
- Modric – Madrid denounce Inter for illegal approach
- Some positives from the derby defeat to Atletico
- A cracking Madrid derby in Europe on the cards
- Madrid already taking shape under Lopetegui
- Modric will stay at Real Madrid
- Modric will ask for Madrid exit
- Los Blancos conclude transfer deals with Chelsea
- Kovacic set to join Chelsea on loan
Real Madrid vs Leganes : No Varane, Isco and Nacho in training.
- Updated: April 27, 2018
Real Madrid trained at Valdebebas on Friday morning in the absence of Isco, Dani Carvajal, Raphael Varane and Nacho. Varane was restricted to exercises inside the facility, as he is being rested due to Zidane’s rotation policy with a focus on the return leg against Bayern Munich at the Santiago Bernabeu.
Zidane would definitely want his defenders in the best condition on that history-defining night when they welcome the war-ready Bayern Munich.
Ribery had recently stated that the battle for a place at the final in Kiev may have been lost but the war was definitely not over. The Bavarian giants will definitely have been buoyed by the performance of Juventus at Santiago Bernabeu ahead of the cracking game.
Meanwhile, Carvajal has been ruled out of the return leg, and his absence should be a notable one for Real Madrid as they still have to contend with the marauding Frank Ribery who would definitely aim to put his money where his mouth is in Bayern’s visit.
Isco is still on the sidelines waiting for the result of conducted shoulder tests to officially confirm his status ahead of the game. Nacho could be fit for the Bayern game and Zidane wouldn’t want to throw him into the fray ahead of the game.