- Madrid agree whopping €1,100m sponsorship deal with Adidas
- Solari continues Madrid revival with Valladolid win
- First major test for Solari as Valladolid visit Bernabeu
- Copa Del Rey – Madrid face Melilla in Solari’s first game
- Four things to expect if Madrid hire Conte
- Time may be up for Lopetegui after El Clasico thrashing
- Besiktas will not block possible Guti move to Madrid
- Madrid win, Benzema becomes 4th highest UCL goalscorer
- Madrid must do the talking on the pitch against Plzen
- Report – Marcelo asks for January move to Juventus
Report – Madrid willing to pay Jose Gimenez’ release clause
- Updated: May 29, 2018
Reports are rife that Real Madrid are set to make a move for Atletico Madrid defender Jose Maria Gimenez after keeping an eye on him for a while. Real Madrid are now willing to pay his release clause.
The Santiago Bernabeu outfit were hoping to secure the defender’s signature in 2015, but withdrew as the relationship between the two clubs at the time was very tense.
However, things have changed since that time and the Madrid hierarchy now believe that Jose Gimenez is a priority for the defense of the Zinedine Zidane led side.
The report pointed out the qualities that attracted Los Blancos’ hierarchy to the Uruguayan. His personality on the pitch, speed, courage as well as his relatively decent price tag for a player of his quality.
Gimenez has a release clause of €60 million and it has been considered as a decent bargain by Real Madrid, as they harbor the belief that he is the best among a lot of defensive covers that can be acquired presently.
The player’s exclusion from Atletico Madrid’s starting eleven in some parts of the season cast some doubts on his capabilities, but the performances he put in towards the end of the season has convinced the Madrid hierarchy that he is the best option to strengthen their defense.