- Madrid agree whopping €1,100m sponsorship deal with Adidas
- Solari continues Madrid revival with Valladolid win
- First major test for Solari as Valladolid visit Bernabeu
- Copa Del Rey – Madrid face Melilla in Solari’s first game
- Four things to expect if Madrid hire Conte
- Time may be up for Lopetegui after El Clasico thrashing
- Besiktas will not block possible Guti move to Madrid
- Madrid win, Benzema becomes 4th highest UCL goalscorer
- Madrid must do the talking on the pitch against Plzen
- Report – Marcelo asks for January move to Juventus
Tebas insists that Madrid won’t pay €400m for Neymar
- Updated: June 8, 2018
In light of recent reports that Cristiano Ronaldo is intent on quitting Real Madrid, Brazil international and PSG forward Neymar will be one of the ideal replacements for the Portuguese star.
Neymar is one of Los Blancos’ reported targets this summer and it will cost a fortune to prise him away from Ligue 1 outfit Paris St. Germain.
As the Ronaldo issue rages on, there is also the issue on who will replace Zinedine Zidane at the Santiago Bernabeu. Like we said earlier, many won’t want to be in Real Madrid’s shoes presently. Let’s now face the Neymar/Ronaldo possibilities at the Bernabeu.
The President of the La Liga has made his opinion known on the possibility of Real Madrid signing the Brazilian on a world record fee.
Javier Tebas has insisted that Real Madrid won’t pay €400m to sign Neymar although he added that Los Blancos can afford such a deal based on the numbers they generate.
Regardless, these assertions by Tebas may have added credence to the speculation that Madrid are interested in Neymar this summer, and this speculation is being fuelled the more by Ronaldo’s supposed imminent departure from the Santiago Bernabeu.
Marcelo’s statement that Ronaldo isn’t the boss at the Bernabeu, and wouldn’t hamper any possible move for Neymar could be another pointer.
Another possible replacement for Ronaldo that Madrid can look towards is Eden Hazard. He is another mercurial player who has been heavily linked with Madrid recently, with reports suggesting that Zidane had pointed him out as a potential signing.
Nevertheless, we wait to see how the Ronaldo situation turns out alongside the managerial situation at the Bernabeu. Hopefully, these issues get sorted sooner than later.