- Florentino Perez calls Conte again
- The business period for Lopetegui and Madrid
- Harry Kane on joining Madrid – Sorry, not today!
- Madrid shaping up nicely for Levante encounter
- Bale withdraws from Wales squad to recover from injury
- Madrid must take advantage of Hazard’s flirts
- Madrid chiefs reportedly unhappy with Bale
- Isco and Marcelo return to training
- Critique! Who is to blame for the crisis at Madrid?
- Report – Real Madrid give Lopetegui ultimatum
Tebas insists that Madrid won’t pay €400m for Neymar
- Updated: June 8, 2018
In light of recent reports that Cristiano Ronaldo is intent on quitting Real Madrid, Brazil international and PSG forward Neymar will be one of the ideal replacements for the Portuguese star.
Neymar is one of Los Blancos’ reported targets this summer and it will cost a fortune to prise him away from Ligue 1 outfit Paris St. Germain.
As the Ronaldo issue rages on, there is also the issue on who will replace Zinedine Zidane at the Santiago Bernabeu. Like we said earlier, many won’t want to be in Real Madrid’s shoes presently. Let’s now face the Neymar/Ronaldo possibilities at the Bernabeu.
The President of the La Liga has made his opinion known on the possibility of Real Madrid signing the Brazilian on a world record fee.
Javier Tebas has insisted that Real Madrid won’t pay €400m to sign Neymar although he added that Los Blancos can afford such a deal based on the numbers they generate.
Regardless, these assertions by Tebas may have added credence to the speculation that Madrid are interested in Neymar this summer, and this speculation is being fuelled the more by Ronaldo’s supposed imminent departure from the Santiago Bernabeu.
Marcelo’s statement that Ronaldo isn’t the boss at the Bernabeu, and wouldn’t hamper any possible move for Neymar could be another pointer.
Another possible replacement for Ronaldo that Madrid can look towards is Eden Hazard. He is another mercurial player who has been heavily linked with Madrid recently, with reports suggesting that Zidane had pointed him out as a potential signing.
Nevertheless, we wait to see how the Ronaldo situation turns out alongside the managerial situation at the Bernabeu. Hopefully, these issues get sorted sooner than later.