- Florentino Perez calls Conte again
- The business period for Lopetegui and Madrid
- Harry Kane on joining Madrid – Sorry, not today!
- Madrid shaping up nicely for Levante encounter
- Bale withdraws from Wales squad to recover from injury
- Madrid must take advantage of Hazard’s flirts
- Madrid chiefs reportedly unhappy with Bale
- Isco and Marcelo return to training
- Critique! Who is to blame for the crisis at Madrid?
- Report – Real Madrid give Lopetegui ultimatum
Tuchel rules out Cavani to Real Madrid
- Updated: July 31, 2018
Real Madrid are believed to be on the lookout for a typical and consistent striker.
There were reports that the club manager Julen Lopetegui had sounded it out to the Madrid hierarchy that he needs reinforcements in the club’s striking positions.
The likes of Edinson Cavani, and Mauro Icardi have been heavily linked with moves to the Bernabeu this summer by numerous reports.
However, if Madrid had eyes on a potential move for PSG’s Edinson Cavani, as indicated by reports, then their hopes have been dashed as the Ligue 1 giants are not interested in letting the Uruguayan forward leave the Parc Des Princes this summer.
Paris St-Germain boss, Thomas Tuchel, has come out to rule out any chances of Cavani moving to the Santiago Bernabeu this summer.
It can be recalled that reports emerged last week that the Uruguay international would be open to a move to the Bernabeu in a bid to play his part to replace Ronaldo.
However, the comments by Tuchel have apparently quashed such a possibility.
Cavani has been amongst the goals consistently and is one of the few forwards that can replicate Ronaldo’s numbers at the Bernabeu.
The Uruguay international, 31, scored a whopping 40 goals in 48 appearances for PSG last season.
When asked if Cavani would be a PSG player in the upcoming 2018/19 season, Tuchel responded:
“This is my feeling and my biggest wish and I have not heard such a thing,”
“I spoke with Edinson some days ago and he did not mention anything. He told me he was looking forward to coming back and that he wants to achieve all his goals with us and our team.
“He is a key player for us and there is no idea here of selling Edinson.”