- Madrid agree whopping €1,100m sponsorship deal with Adidas
- Solari continues Madrid revival with Valladolid win
- First major test for Solari as Valladolid visit Bernabeu
- Copa Del Rey – Madrid face Melilla in Solari’s first game
- Four things to expect if Madrid hire Conte
- Time may be up for Lopetegui after El Clasico thrashing
- Besiktas will not block possible Guti move to Madrid
- Madrid win, Benzema becomes 4th highest UCL goalscorer
- Madrid must do the talking on the pitch against Plzen
- Report – Marcelo asks for January move to Juventus
UCL – Key trio to miss CSKA Moscow game
- Updated: October 1, 2018
If any opponent had prayed for the best time to face Los Blancos in the UEFA Champions League, then, it would be now, and CSKA Moscow would be the side to face an injury-ravaged Madrid.
However, the Russian side will understand that the defending champions of the competition are still very much formidable and will be wary when they welcome them on Tuesday.
Real Madrid face CSKA Moscow on Tuesday in Russia at the VEB Arena on the day 2 of the 2018/19 UEFA Champions League.
It can be recalled that day 1 saw the defending champions thrash Roma 3 nil at the Bernabeu while Tuesday’s hosts played out a 2 all draw against Viktoria Plzen.
The Los Blancos will be without the likes of captain Sergio Ramos, Marcelo, Gareth Bale, and Isco for this game. However, they will be eager to snatch all three points and build on their lead in the group.
Real Madrid were outright favorites to win the group after the draws, and regardless of these key misses, they are still expected to take all 3 points at the VEB Arena and consolidate on their lead at the top. Hopefully, this is the case.
These will be major misses for Real Madrid but CSKA Moscow still have the work of an unlikely win still cut out for them, although they’ll believe there could be no better time to play against Real Madrid.
Meanwhile, Brazilian youngster, Vinicius Jr. who made his debut over the weekend is expected to feature in this one with the absence of Gareth Bale.
Mariano Diaz could also be handed a start while the Brazilian comes in from the bench.
The rotation between Thibaut Courtois and Keylor Navas is expected to continue, with the latter likely to start in this one. Julen Lopetegui will surely settle with one in the course of the season.
This should be a good game, and hopefully, Los Merengues regain their scoring touch in this one, regardless of the absence of some key performers.