- Match Preview – Real Madrid host Getafe
- Lopetegui insists on a new number 9
- Modric – Madrid denounce Inter for illegal approach
- Some positives from the derby defeat to Atletico
- A cracking Madrid derby in Europe on the cards
- Madrid already taking shape under Lopetegui
- Modric will stay at Real Madrid
- Modric will ask for Madrid exit
- Los Blancos conclude transfer deals with Chelsea
- Kovacic set to join Chelsea on loan
Vinicius eager to be a starter at Real Madrid
- Updated: July 21, 2018
Real Madrid’s new signing and import from Brazil Vinicius Junior has insisted that he is prepared to fight for a starting berth at the Santiago Bernabeu after his arrival from Flamengo.
Reports emerged this week that the Los Blancos were planning to send the rising young talent on loan so he can garner more first-team experience and get used to the European terrain. However, Vinicius apparently believes in his abilities and has stated that such a move won’t be necessary.
He revealed that he joined the Santiago Bernabeu outfit to play in the first team, and he made this known to reporters on Friday. He pointed out that he would play in the Castilla to ensure he adapts and then, subsequently move on to the first team.
He admitted that there was immense pressure at Madrid, but noted that he had also broken through immense pressure at Flamengo before making the move to the Bernabeu. The player will need to adapt quickly and produce eye-catching performances if he is to stand a chance of breaking into the Los Blancos’ first team, and he admitted that.
The young Brazilian showed promise at Flamengo and will be keen for a place in Julen Lopetegui’s plans. However, he must first prove his mettle with the Castilla before he can get a shout for a place in the senior team. Regardless, it remains to be seen of the Los Blancos will leave him with the chances of cameo appearances in the upcoming season, or send him elsewhere where he’ll stand to gain useful experience. The latter will definitely work to Vinicius’ benefit.