- Madrid agree whopping €1,100m sponsorship deal with Adidas
- Solari continues Madrid revival with Valladolid win
- First major test for Solari as Valladolid visit Bernabeu
- Copa Del Rey – Madrid face Melilla in Solari’s first game
- Four things to expect if Madrid hire Conte
- Time may be up for Lopetegui after El Clasico thrashing
- Besiktas will not block possible Guti move to Madrid
- Madrid win, Benzema becomes 4th highest UCL goalscorer
- Madrid must do the talking on the pitch against Plzen
- Report – Marcelo asks for January move to Juventus
Ramos – We don’t fear Salah, we know how to play finals
- Updated: May 4, 2018
Real Madrid FC captain Sergio Ramos has insisted that his side has respect for Liverpool ahead of their UEFA Champions League encounter in Kiev, but will not pay special attention to any player in the course of the game.
He added that Liverpool talisman, Mohammed Salah, is respected but not feared. Salah has been instrumental in Liverpool’s progress to Kiev and will be a major threat to Los Blancos’ dreams of a third consecutive UCL win when both sides square up to each other.
He even drew comparisons to Cristiano Ronaldo this season. Both players have met in an international friendly this season where Ronaldo’s men emerged victoriously. They now have a bigger and significant encounter against each other once again, although Real Madrid are the overwhelming favorites in this one. Nevertheless, it will be unwise to look down on Jurgen Klopp’s men.
Ramos in the course of his interview admitted Salah’s brilliance at Liverpool but stated that he is just another player and that there was nothing to be afraid of
“We have seen what Salah can do this season, but he will just be one of 11 players we face against Liverpool,” he told the Mirror.
“Throughout my career, I have faced the best forward players in the world – many of them who are considered among the greatest ever.
“For me, there is never a fear. A respect, yes, but never a fear.”
Liverpool’s place in Kiev came as a surprise while Madrid are in their fourth final in five years, and Ramos insisted that Los Blancos were very much intent on defending their trophy for the second time, whilst noting that they know how to play finals.
“We can’t be arrogant but we can be confident. We know it is in the DNA of Real Madrid to win the Champions League,” he said.
“We are ready to defend our title for a second time – we won’t let it go easily.
“With all respect, maybe at the start of the campaign Liverpool were not the team people thought would be in the final, but they are here because they deserve to be here.
“We know as a team how to play finals – and we will be ready.”